Stress is the main factor that brings a person to a complementary medicine practitioner. If we give a close look to some of the leading causes of death in the world, like heart diseases, cancer, cerebrovascular diseases, diabetes, liver diseases, we'll see that Stress plays a key role in all of them.
This is why often Stress is called "The Silent Killer". It's Silent because, even if everybody knows to be stressed, they don't know what do with it. In western society a lot of people thinks that it's normal to be stressed, it's part of today's life. But, as Hans Selye has demonstrated, Stress activates a number of reactions in the body, and when it becomes chronically intense, Stress can turn into a real disease.
This is why Stress is one of the primary field of action of Kinesiology. Just to give an example, the very first level of a Professional Kinesiologist in Spain is called "Liberador Holistico de Stress" (Holistic Stress Liberator), or the first level of studying in Applied Physiology, one of the primary branches of kinesiology, is called "Stress Observator Specialist".
When we are in a stressful situation, our Autonomic Nervous System will activate the “Fight or Flight” reaction and this will bring our brain to turn off the Frontal Lobes, and activate the Brain Stem and Limbic System, where our autonomic instincts of survival are processed. We stop thinking consciously and we start to react instinctively. We do not react to present stresses, but we react to past experiences.
Holding specific acupuncture points can increase blood flow in specific brain areas, turning on again the functions of that area. With this technique we can bring back the person to a more conscious state. These points has to be stimulated in a very light and gentle way.
The Points that can be used are:
• Gallbladder 14,
• Gallbladder 20,
• Governing Vessel 20,
• Extra Meridian 2 (Tai Yang).
This is the sequence and the combination of the points:
• Gb 20 + Gb 14 - to release a present stress that we face based on a past experience,
• Gb 20 + GV 20 - to release a past stress that needs unemotional change,
• Gb 20 + Ex2 (Tai Yang) - to release a past stress that has a deep subconscious component,
• Gb 14 + GV 20 - to release a present stress that needs an emotional change,
• Gb 14 + Ex2 (Tai Yang) - to release a deep subconscious stress that needs to be processed in present time
• GV 20 + Ex2 (Tai Yang) - to release a deep subconscious stress that needs an emotional change.
It is a simple technique, very effective, confluence of Traditional Chinese Medicine in the kinesiology practice. It is the integration of thousands of years of eastern knowledge with western insight.